Disney CEP Finding out I got accepted!

18:49


OOOOOOOMMMMMMFFFFGGGGGGGG I GOT THE JOB


Lets just take a moment to let these gifts do the talking.







SO I GOT A PLACE ON THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!! 


And I got my first choice! I am going to be a lifeguard in one of Disney's water parks or resorts from 9th June 2015!! wHAT?! Wherrre?? What!! Howw


Getting the email!
I found out on the 19th December. The wait was agonisingly painful! I paid virtually no attention to any of my e-mails, I just scanned through them to see if I had a reply from Disney. I was actually at work when I got the e-mail. I finished at 9:30pm but I agreed to stay on until 10:30pm that night. When my first shift ended at 9:30, I had a quick 5 minute break, I went to the loos and checked my phone. And there it was. All I could see in the e-mail app was "donotreply@disney..." and part of the subject line "Disney International Programs....". I literally could not force myself to click onto it! I had about 2 minutes left of my break, that was no way enough time to read this e-mail and get myself emotionally stable again to go back to work! I was spazzing to my friend on iMessage begging her to pray for me while I work my final hour! You see, whatever the result I wouldn't be able to cope with the next hour. So I left it for a whole hour..

 That hour was the slowest of my LIFE seriously. I was getting really down too as I just had a horrid feeling it was going to be bad news. My dad is a manager there too and he came over and I told him I've got the e-mail but not read it yet. He went off and almost everyone person who passed me wished me good luck with the result of my interview, my dad had obviously been telling everyone haha! SO, 10:30 came around and I grabbed my things and pulled out my phone. I still couldn't look! My dad and I were dropping someone home so I had to sit in the back of the car, freaking out to my best friend in silence! It wasn't until we'd nearly dropped the other guy home that I realised. I accidentally knocked my phone sideways so the landscape orientation kicked in, revealing more of the email subject line so that it read "Disney International Programs: CONGRATULATIONS!". 

Well that could only mean one thing. I just stared into space, my mouth was probably wide open, I can't really remember what happened next. As I got home, I had clicked the e-mail and it was kind of in my brain that I'd been accepted but I had to log into my Disney recruitment profile to read the proper letter and what role I was awarded with. I literally came in the door as it loaded and I read it allowed to both my parents in-between tears:

"Dear Beth,
Congratulations! On behalf of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., we are pleased to let you know that you have been selected to participate in a Disney International Program as Cast Member in the role(s) below at Walt Disney World Resort®, near Orlando, Florida-
Lifeguard: Responsibilities may include working in a water park or resort environment; monitoring Guests’ safety in water..."

I was choking up reading it allowed, it was such a long letter I couldn't get through it all! Basically it told me I was starting on 9th June 2015 and detailed lots of info about insurance and visas etc.

WAAAHHH! BOOOOM!!! 


So all the massive hoping.. 


And maybe a bit of Tinkerbell's fairy dust...


And a lot of wishing...


God me the job! I love you Disney, thank you, thank you, thank you :)


 So after the multiple times of apparently "making a fool of myself" or saying the wrong thing or not enough things in the interviews, seemed so silly now. It's given me so much confidence. Walt Disney want me to work for them! Looking back now I'm thinking to myself...


The benefits of this.
There are so many incredible pro's that go with this opportunity. If you're thinking of applying, it will honestly be the best thing you can do! If you don't get it, never mind, you can try again next year! Or try a different form of summer travel! Here are some of my reasons FOR this opportunity to persuade everyone to apply:
- Of course the experience it's self, working a fantastic role as a lifeguard
- In my favourite place in the world, Florida
- The weather
- Errm Disney!
- The magic
- The people and the cultural exchange
- All the fun and games cast members get up to when they're not working
- Having the independence to live away from home 
- Responsibilities but also freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity
- Impressive ice-breaker topic
- Something future employees will recognise with a "WOW!" 
- Set you up with so many new skills like culture, communication, social, team work and lifeguarding for me!

Writing those has just made me pee a little with excitement.... Kidding. 

Keep an eye out for my future posts on getting ready for America (visas, fees etc) and of course when I am there in Florida! 

Dreams really do come true x



All Disney images found on Tumblr

You Might Also Like

1 comments