Disney CEP Invite to Final Interview!

18:00



OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

After thinking I'd made an absolute fool of myself and completely thrown away this incredible opportunity at my recruitment event, a couple days later I got the email from Yummy Jobs inviting me to THE FINAL INTERVIEW STAGE!!!!



Like what??! I was home alone in my student house and I was absolutely ecstatic (no one was home to scream at!!!). I literally didn't know what to do with myself, I couldn't sit still! I rang my mum and dad and some of my friends, shaking like a leaf in tears - I could not believe it! This meant so much to me, the interviewer (Nick?!) must have seen something in me,  what my dad said about being loud doesn't always mean you're saying the right thing must have been true some how!


Here's the email!


Interview date and time
So the e-mail said I would receive another e-mail from Disney themselves so I could pick when I wanted to attend the face to face final interview. These were held for one week (November 3rd - 7th) at Disney HQ (eek!) in Hammersmith, London. Luckily for me this was during my reading week time off at Uni (even though lectures wouldn't have stopped me going, of course). I recevied this e-mail a couple days after the initial e-mail saying I'd been invited to the interview and there were plenty of slots available ranging from 11am to 5pm monday to friday that week. There was also a compulsory hour-long presentation at 9am on the day of your chosen interview so I was hoping to get an 11pm slot so I could get it over and done with and go home almost straight after. 

However, I didn't book the slot right away as I was going to wait for my parents to finish work to ask them about getting there... BIG MISTAKE! After discussing my dad would come with me, I returned to the booking link to choose my 11pm slot and EVERY slot had gone on every single day except for all the 5pms!! Arrghh!



But, thanks to my amazing dad we sorted it. I chose the 5pm slot on Tuesday 4th, dad got the day off work, was going to drive us up and book us a cheap hotel, I knew Shepard's Bush (literally walking distance from Disney HQ) so we planned to go visit Westfield Mall in between the 9am presentation and interview itself. It wasn't ideal but I knew there would be plenty to do in Westfield. It also meant that we would be leaving London on rush hour and not arriving home until midnight, so yep, not ideal but certainly not the end of the world. If you future applicants take any advice from me, select your interview slot as soon as you receive the e-mail to get the best time for you! 

Role check list
You're told where you can read about the different roles and what is required of you. I think there is about 10 roles and you have to select something like "super interested", "moderately interested" or "not interested at all" from a drop down box next to each role. I don't know if it matters but I suggest selecting moderately interested or super interested for the majority of the roles as Disney want to see you're flexible and open to taking on anything. Obviously don't put super interested for Life-guarding if you can't swim!!! 



Proof of student status
This is simply a document that Disney email to you. I had to print it out and fill out the sections relevant to me. Make sure you read the form thoroughly as there are lot of different options depending if you're a graduate or still in education etc. It's really, really important you get this form correct as the program is strictly for students! Read it well...



The form also requires a signature from someone from the uni and the university's 'stamp'... No idea what this was or where I'd get it so I e-mailed a few lecturers and my person tutor asking if they could help and they all offered to stamp the form for me. I took the form to my personal tutor in the end, he signed, stamped and confirmed my student status on the document - easy! He even mentioned I could use the opportunity (if I got it) for my dissertation in my final year and should see him again before I go (if I got it). He was confident I had it "in the bag" hahaha, hmm! 

I suggest you photocopy the document as soon as possible just in case it's lost/torn! 

Other preparation
Bearing in mind I only had about a week and a bit to do this! So you need to get really organise, get all the documents printed and filled out and sorted into a folder ready to take. A form of ID is required for the final interview too, I took two forms as I was super paranoid I'd lose one!! I even took things they didn't ask for just in case like photo copies and NI card!! I think I went a bit bonkers with worry paha!


But can't stress enough how much I recommend reading blogs and preparing answers! A lot of blogs will feature the questions asked during the final interview (mine will be in my next blog post) and even though questions tend to change from year to year, it's really helpful to write down and remember some answers cause you never know what might come up. It also helped with nerves to know I had some things to say in my back pocket in case I got stuck. You can also find out the process of the day through blogs so you know what to expect (again, all will be detailed in my final interview post!) and don't freak out like Sulley!



So, YAY! I got through to the final interview! That meant it was face to face/one to one which I knew I'd prefer so much more! In a way the hard part was done at the pre-screen. I'd been to loads of regular interviews before, this was just "slightly" more important! At this point I had more of a positive mindset, mainly because my dad said it didn't obviously matter that I wasn't the loudest in the pre-screen.
 Yayayaya, let's do this!!!




All GIFs found on Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments